Tuesday 20 May 2014

The first milestone and progress


Could Day 36 really be the only and final nail in the coffin?

Day 36: Shaun-T is attempting to kill us.  What possesses him to combine the Fit test with Max Interval Circuit In one sitting? The advice I gave on not preparing yourself by watching before you do, still stands. If I had watched it I may have debated splitting up the Fit test and the Max Interval Circuit with a few (or 10!) hours rest.  Although “Death by Shaun-T” has a good ring to it and may even make front page news, doing both back to back is not going to kill you. We took a 15 minute break between the two. Yes, I had to stop a fair few times, and I challenge anyone who says they did it without stopping at least once, but it’s doable (just).  Is it really as hard as they say? YES, but not quite as bad as I expected. Only now do I understand the true meaning behind the name “INSANITY”. After completing this day, I know there is room for improvements. If I can make it through without stopping as many times, push harder, the visible changes will happen. If they don’t, abs are just not meant for me!

Progress! 

We feel FIT. The graph shows my Fit Test results, with a marked improvement between the 1st and 3rd Fit Test. Below are the photos taken at the beginning of Insanity (Day 1) and just before Month 2’s Fit Test AND Max Interval Circuit (Day 36) for both my housemate and myself. With no change in diet, my housemate (first set), clearly has lost weight and toned up. As you can see, the changes for me are not exactly obvious (bottom set). As a scientist, I refuse to fabricate the evidence. No doubt the internet is filled with before and after pictures with the ‘after’ taken when water retention is lower. We decided to take it on Day 36 and so we did, even though it may have been a ‘bloated’ day. If  we were on a strict diet, the improvements may have been greater; again this was down to our choice not to calorie count. If you want faster results I would definitely suggest cutting everything and anything that we know is bad…. But as was pointed out in a recent lecture on ageing and caloric restriction; it may be possible to live to be 100, but only if we cut out all the things that make us want to live to see 100. We are excited to see what Month 2 can do!  



2 comments:

  1. Your both look a lot 'smoother' but deffo ab improvements on first girl!

    ReplyDelete